Leaders in the Sisonke Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 study denied that the study has been expanded, to include members of the general public.

Published on


Add Smile FM on Google

This, after claims on social-media that because the doses of the vaccine are about to expire, members of the public, who do not yet qualify for their injection, have been vaccinated.

The co-principal investigator of the Sisonke trial, Professor Glenda Gray, said the rumours are untrue and says the doses of the J&J vaccine, currently being used in the country, will only expire in a year.

The Sisonke-study, which aimed to vaccinate more than half-a-million of the country’s medical workers against the virus, is set to come to an end on Sunday.

Latest articles

Specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment handed over

 The Western Cape Government has handed over specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment to the Cape Winelands District Municipality. This is as part of its...

Team on board S.A. Agulhas II arrive safely at Marion Island

   The team on board S.A. Agulhas II have arrived safely at Marion Island. The M83 team arrived earlier this month. They are ready to...

Major review finds vaping leads to poorer respiratory health among children

 A major review by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has found consistent evidence linking vaping among children and young people to...