Parents urged to confirm 2026 WC school placements promptly

Published on


Add Smile FM on Google

 

 

The Western Cape Education Department (WCED) is urging parents and caregivers to confirm school placement offers for the 2026 academic year as soon as possible.

 

This appeal is part of ongoing efforts to streamline the admissions process and ensure that available places can be offered to other learners still waiting for placement for grades R, 1 and 8.

 

On Monday, Western Cape Education MEC David Maynier reassured families awaiting feedback on placement that the placement process is still in the very early stages.

 

“We still have 21,600 parents who are double-parked on the system with more than one successful offer. We urge these parents to confirm their choice of school as soon as possible, so that the remaining places can be offered to other parents,” said Maynier.

 

These “double-parked” learners – those accepted at multiple schools – are key to unlocking about 36,000 more placements for others.

 

Access to application outcomes, which is available on the WCED’s website, has been made available since 30 May. These are the outcomes for those who applied during the official application window (11 March to 15 April).

 

Parents are reminded that if they do not manually accept an offer by 17 June, the system will automatically confirm their highest-ranked choice.

 

Meanwhile, parents of unplaced learners are advised to stay in contact with schools and request to be added to waiting lists.

 

ALSO READ: School Placement Results: No Need to Panic, Says WCED

 

“New offers are being made to parents all the time, and schools will continue to fill their remaining places until the end of July,” said Maynier.

 

For those who missed the online deadline, late applications can be made directly at schools or district offices.

Latest articles

Pressure on the Springboks as Rugby’s Greatest Rivalry moves to Cape Town

 Springbok coach Rassie Erasmus says his team has been in difficult positions before and knows exactly what is required to keep the Rugby Championship...

Specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment handed over

 The Western Cape Government has handed over specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment to the Cape Winelands District Municipality. This is as part of its...

Team on board S.A. Agulhas II arrive safely at Marion Island

   The team on board S.A. Agulhas II have arrived safely at Marion Island. The M83 team arrived earlier this month. They are ready to...