The acting Minister of Health, Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane says the Gauteng province reported a worrying 62% of the country’s new Covid-19 infections

Published on


Add Smile FM on Google

The acting Minister of Health, Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane says the Gauteng province reported a worrying 62% of the country’s new Covid-19 infections between Friday and Saturday.

Of the more than 18 760 new infections reported in that 24-hour period, Gauteng reported more than 11 770 new infections.

Kubayi-Ngubane says this new wave of infections is being driven by the more contagious Delta variant – first recorded in India.

 

Latest articles

Specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment handed over

 The Western Cape Government has handed over specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment to the Cape Winelands District Municipality. This is as part of its...

Team on board S.A. Agulhas II arrive safely at Marion Island

   The team on board S.A. Agulhas II have arrived safely at Marion Island. The M83 team arrived earlier this month. They are ready to...

Major review finds vaping leads to poorer respiratory health among children

 A major review by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has found consistent evidence linking vaping among children and young people to...