Two Oceans Marathon permit issued with strict conditions

Published on


Add Smile FM on Google

The City of Cape Town says it has issued the final race permit for the Two Oceans Marathon this coming weekend.

The decision was made following a lengthy revision of the Two Oceans Marathon NPC event plans and supporting documents as required by the Events By-Law.

The City said it is satisfied that the event organiser has met the requirements.

There is now a clear traffic plan for churches that will ensure Easter services can go ahead.

Traffic Services will work with marathon marshals to ensure worshippers are able to gain access to intersections along the route and ensure they are not unreasonably restricted in reaching their properties or places of business at all times.

Additionally, the Two Ocean Marathon board has committed to moving the event away from Easter Weekend in the future.

Road closures for Saturday’s half marathon (Saturday 16 April 2022) are available here.

The road closures for Sunday’s Ultra-Marathon (Sunday 17 April 2022) are available here.

Get the latest updates here.

Latest articles

Specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment handed over

 The Western Cape Government has handed over specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment to the Cape Winelands District Municipality. This is as part of its...

Team on board S.A. Agulhas II arrive safely at Marion Island

   The team on board S.A. Agulhas II have arrived safely at Marion Island. The M83 team arrived earlier this month. They are ready to...

Major review finds vaping leads to poorer respiratory health among children

 A major review by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has found consistent evidence linking vaping among children and young people to...