20.4 C
Cape Town
Friday, April 4, 2025

Premier Winde warns against spreading fake news

Published on

Premier Alan Winde has condemned the amount of fake news that has been circulating on social media, about apparent looting and violent protests here in the Mother City.

He urges residents to refrain from creating and circulating these fakes stories and says that, to date, no incidences of protests or looting have taken place here.

Audio Player

Winde says law-enforcement agencies are on high-alert and will react when their services are needed.

Audio Player

Access the full briefing here.

Related articles:

Latest articles

The Beatles: 4 members, 4 stories, but only on Fab Four

  You’ll get to watch the rise of The Beatles through each member's perspective as work on four biographical films gets underway.   Earlier this week, the...

Mitchells Plain residents called to be patient amid major roadworks

    The City of Cape Town is calling on Mitchells Plain residents to be patient as extensive roadworks cause major congestion in the area. The...

Trump tariffs: The death knell for Agoa?

  Following the announcement of reciprocal tariffs by the United States that will impact all major trading partners, including South Africa, concerns are growing over...