Premier Alan Winde says that his vaccination registration campaign, in the Cape Winelands district yesterday, was a success but says there are thousands of elderly people who have not yet registered for their injection.

Published on


Add Smile FM on Google

Winde visited Stellenbosch yesterday, as part of his “Let’s do it” campaign to encourage people over the age of 60 to register on the EVDS-system for their injection.

He reminded residents again that phase 2, in which pensioners and those with serious underlying medical conditions will be vaccinated, will start next Monday.

Latest articles

Specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment handed over

 The Western Cape Government has handed over specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment to the Cape Winelands District Municipality. This is as part of its...

Team on board S.A. Agulhas II arrive safely at Marion Island

   The team on board S.A. Agulhas II have arrived safely at Marion Island. The M83 team arrived earlier this month. They are ready to...

Major review finds vaping leads to poorer respiratory health among children

 A major review by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has found consistent evidence linking vaping among children and young people to...