Thabo Bester’s attempt to halt Showmax documentary dismissed

Published on


Add Smile FM on Google

 

 

Broadcasting giant, Multichoice has said it is pleased that the Johannesburg High Court, on Friday, upheld the public’s right to watch the “Tracking Thabo Bester” documentary.

 

Last weekend, Bester and his ex-girlfriend, Nandipha Magudumana – the country’s so-called ‘Bonnie and Clyde’ have via their legal teams, filed applications to have the release of the documentary halted.

 

 

 

In a statement, Multichoice said that the fascinating documentary will shed light on the allegations against Bester and Magudumana and allow the public the opportunity to make up their own minds and opinions about what took place.

 

READ MORE: “Tracking Thabo Bester” in JHB High Court

 

The four-part documentary features interviews by GroundUp journalists Marecia Damons and Daniel Steyn, prisoners and prison officials at the Mangaung Correctional Centre and the family of Katlego Bereng Mpholo, the man whose burnt body was found in Cell 35, the cell Bester occupied whilst in confinement.

 

 

The first two episodes of Tracking Thabo Bester will be available to stream exclusively on Showmax from 16h00 on Friday, 15 March 2024.

 

Latest articles

Specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment handed over

 The Western Cape Government has handed over specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment to the Cape Winelands District Municipality. This is as part of its...

Team on board S.A. Agulhas II arrive safely at Marion Island

   The team on board S.A. Agulhas II have arrived safely at Marion Island. The M83 team arrived earlier this month. They are ready to...

Major review finds vaping leads to poorer respiratory health among children

 A major review by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has found consistent evidence linking vaping among children and young people to...