Premier Alan Winde says he’s currently not able to lay criminal charges in the scandal involving suspended Community Safety MEC Albert Fritz.

Published on


Add Smile FM on Google

However, Winde believes he cannot rule out criminal charges should the investigation result in advice indicating that it’s necessary or appropriate for him to do so. Fritz was suspended on Sunday after serious allegations were levelled against him. Winde says he was first informed of the charges late last year in November:

Merentia Van Der Vent
Merentia Van Der Vent
Merentia joined the media world in 1996 and in 2001, she took her first steps in the broadcasting world. In her free time, she likes to go on adventures in the city. She also likes to learn new dances, not that she is any good at that.

Latest articles

A Grade 11 learner has died at a school in Strand

  A Grade 11 learner has died at a school in Strand. Meanwhile, Strand Police say a post-mortem will be conducted following the death of...

A suspect has been nabbed for corruption in Cape Town

  A 52-year-old suspect has been nabbed for corruption in Cape Town. According to the Hawks in the Western Cape, the case involves an Admin...

There’ll be no mowing in some parks this Spring

 There'll be no mowing in some parks this Spring. This will be done so that spring flowers can grow unimpeded. The City's Mayoral Committee...