Zandvlei waterbody remains closed to public

Published on


Add Smile FM on Google

The City of Cape Town says the Zandvlei waterbody remains closed and off-limits to the public.

The waterbody, in the Zandvlei Nature Reserve, was closed on Friday as a pre-cautionary measure.

This follows water-quality concerns, after several tests in and around the waterbody.

The Manager of the City’s Bio-diversity Management branch, Julia Wood says the closure applies to all aquatic sections of the Reserve.

Wood says they will keep resident up-to-date on the matter.

Get the latest updates here.

Related articles:

Latest articles

Specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment handed over

 The Western Cape Government has handed over specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment to the Cape Winelands District Municipality. This is as part of its...

Team on board S.A. Agulhas II arrive safely at Marion Island

   The team on board S.A. Agulhas II have arrived safely at Marion Island. The M83 team arrived earlier this month. They are ready to...

Major review finds vaping leads to poorer respiratory health among children

 A major review by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has found consistent evidence linking vaping among children and young people to...