Western Cape records surge in trauma cases since move to Level 1 of the lockdown

Published on


Add Smile FM on Google

The Western Cape Health Department has recorded a significant surge in trauma-cases, since last week Friday, when the country moved to Level 1 of the lockdown.

Head of Health, Dr Keith Cloete says the end-of-the-month weekend coincided with the further lifting of alcohol-sales restrictions, leading to an increase of alcohol-related injuries and trauma.

He says this influx was seen at 17 of the province’s emergency centres.

Access the latest Western Cape Covid-19 digital conference here.

Related articles:

Latest articles

Specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment handed over

 The Western Cape Government has handed over specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment to the Cape Winelands District Municipality. This is as part of its...

Team on board S.A. Agulhas II arrive safely at Marion Island

   The team on board S.A. Agulhas II have arrived safely at Marion Island. The M83 team arrived earlier this month. They are ready to...

Major review finds vaping leads to poorer respiratory health among children

 A major review by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has found consistent evidence linking vaping among children and young people to...