24 C
Cape Town
Friday, April 4, 2025

Tax-industry still at stalemate

Published on

The Western Cape Transport MEC, Daylin Mitchell has expressed his disappointment that, despite weeks of engagement, no agreement has yet been reached between taxi-operators.

Mitchell, during an online briefing yesterday said he had been in talks with representatives of Codeta and CATA, to find a solution to the ongoing taxi-violence.

Audio Player

Mitchell says the conduct of a criminal few, in the taxi-industry, is holding the livelihoods of thousand of Mother City residents ransom.

Audio Player

Mitchell and premier Alan Winde is again meeting with the provincial Police Commissioner, general Thembisile Patekile today to find ways to end the ongoing dispute.

Access yesterday’s full briefing here.

Related articles:

Latest articles

The Beatles: 4 members, 4 stories, but only on Fab Four

  You’ll get to watch the rise of The Beatles through each member's perspective as work on four biographical films gets underway.   Earlier this week, the...

Mitchells Plain residents called to be patient amid major roadworks

    The City of Cape Town is calling on Mitchells Plain residents to be patient as extensive roadworks cause major congestion in the area. The...

Trump tariffs: The death knell for Agoa?

  Following the announcement of reciprocal tariffs by the United States that will impact all major trading partners, including South Africa, concerns are growing over...