Talks to extend TERS-benefits on the cards

Published on


Add Smile FM on Google

Employment and Labour Minister, Thulas Nxesi says the Unemployment Insurance Fund is in talks with various stakeholders to find funds to assist those, who may have lost their jobs, due to the newly-announced level 4 lockdown restrictions.

These new restrictions, which came in effect on Monday, will effect mainly those employed in the hospitality and alcohol sectors.

Nxesi says during the pandemic the Covid-19 TERS benefit-scheme distributed R 60-billion in financial aid to laid-off workers.

Latest articles

Specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment handed over

 The Western Cape Government has handed over specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment to the Cape Winelands District Municipality. This is as part of its...

Team on board S.A. Agulhas II arrive safely at Marion Island

   The team on board S.A. Agulhas II have arrived safely at Marion Island. The M83 team arrived earlier this month. They are ready to...

Major review finds vaping leads to poorer respiratory health among children

 A major review by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has found consistent evidence linking vaping among children and young people to...