Natref closure: Sasol expects the refinery to be running at full capacity again by end-July

Published on


Add Smile FM on Google

No petrol or diesel shortages are expected at fuel stations, at this stage, after South Africa has been left without a single operating oil refinery.

All of South Africa’s refineries are now offline, after Sasol closed Natref in Sasolburg following delays in the arrival of crude oil shipments at the Durban port.

Sasol says it does not want to give information about the origin of the oil that has been delayed, but confirmed that a shipment finally arrived on Saturday.

The company says it is “proactive” in finding new sources of oil. It expects that Natref will be running at full capacity by end-July.

Latest articles

Specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment handed over

 The Western Cape Government has handed over specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment to the Cape Winelands District Municipality. This is as part of its...

Team on board S.A. Agulhas II arrive safely at Marion Island

   The team on board S.A. Agulhas II have arrived safely at Marion Island. The M83 team arrived earlier this month. They are ready to...

Major review finds vaping leads to poorer respiratory health among children

 A major review by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has found consistent evidence linking vaping among children and young people to...