23.2 C
Cape Town
Thursday, April 3, 2025

ICYMI: Table Mountain Cableway to shut for maintenance in July

Published on

 

All cable car operations at the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway Company will be closed for two weeks in July, to allow for annual maintenance work to be carried out.

 

Cable cars will not be operational between 24 July and 7 August 2023.

 

The Managing Director for the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway Company Wahida Parker says this is to ensure the continued safety and comfort of visitors.

 

“Our annual maintenance periods allow us to make important updates and upgrades to all aspects of our business and operations so that we can offer visitors an even better and more enjoyable experience by the time we reopen.”

 

 

Operations closed for six weeks in the middle of 2022, to allow for major maintenance work. The required maintenance work this time around is less intense and thus only requires two weeks of closure.

 

RELATED: Maintenance of the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway Company on-track

 

“Whether it is a long or a short closure, our priority is always the safety and comfort of our visitors and our staff members. We conform to the best safety standards and our annual closures help us to check that we’re meeting these requirements,” says Parker.

 

She adds that they are aware this closure will take place while the Netball World Cup is hosted in Cape Town, while European holidaymakers will also be arriving.

 

But safety comes first.

 

“Hikers and climbers will still be able to enjoy the various hiking routes during this time. However, no trips will be made during the two weeks, so we ask hikers to be mindful of weather conditions when embarking on a hike.”

 

The food-and-beverage options and shops at the lower cableway station will not be operational during our shutdown.

 

“If you celebrate your birthday during this shutdown period and you want to use your free birthday ticket, don’t worry. Anyone celebrating their birthday in the months of July and August will still be able to qualify for a free ride in September. This means you have more time to celebrate your special day with us,” says Parker.

 

Updates about the cableway maintenance work can be found at tablemountain.net 

 

 

ALSO READ: Table Mountain AGAIN voted Africa’s Best Attraction

Liesl Smit
Liesl Smit
Liesl is the Smile 90.4FM News Manager. She has been at Smile since 2016, with nearly 20 years experience in the radio industry, including reading news, field reporting and producing. In 2008 she won the Vodacom Journalist of the Year Award, Western Cape region. liesl@smile904.fm

Latest articles

National Assembly passes the 2025 budget

  The crucial fiscal framework of the 2025 Budget has officially been adopted by Parliament following a vote by Members of Parliament (MPs) today.   The framework...

Justice for Cwecwe: SAPS urges responsible reporting as Afriforum slams ‘trial by media’

  Following nation-wide protests yesterday to demand justice for the 7-year-old girl who was raped in Matatiele in October last year, the National Police Commissioner...

GNU in turmoil as DA accuses ActionSA and ANC of betrayal over budget deal

  The DA's future in the Government of National Unity now seems uncertain after ActionSA offered the ANC its support to pass the budget.   During a...