Final Call: On-time 2026 WC school applications closes on Tuesday

Published on


Add Smile FM on Google

 

It’s the final call for parents who have not yet completed their 2026 school applications, as the on-time window for Grades R, 1 or 8 applications closes on Tuesday, 15 April 2025.

 

The Western Cape Education Department has therefore appealed to any parent or guardian who has not yet applied to do so immediately online or at their education district office.

 

The department has especially expressed concern about the high number of current Grade 7 learners at schools in the Western Cape whose parents have not yet applied for a place in Grade 8. As of the end of last week, the number of Grade 7 learners with no applications filed stood at over 25,000.

 

“Parents have the opportunity to help us by taking the responsible step to apply on time, and we urge parents to step up and apply immediately.” WCED MEC David Maynier

 

Maynier has noted that parents who apply late will, unfortunately, have to wait until on-time applicants are final and have been considered before late applications will be considered.

 

The department says it has already received Grade R, 1 or 8 applications for 132 226 learners.

 

” – We thank their parents for making sure that they have applied on time.”

 

The admissions system, as well as background information and step-by-step guides on how to apply, are available here: https://www.westerncape.gov.za/education/service/learner-admissions

 

READ MORE: WCED: 2026 school applications for Grades R, 1 & 8 officially open

Danielle Mentoor
Danielle Mentoor
Danielle is Smile FM's PM drive news reader. She has been in the radio industry since 2020 and started her career at a community radio station. When she's not keeping you up to date with the latest news, she's exploring the outdoors.

Latest articles

Hawks arrest third suspect in Gugulethu attempted CIT robbery

 The Hawks have confirmed the arrest of a third suspect in connection with an attempted cash-in-transit robbery in Gugulethu two months ago. A 45-year-old man...

City to oppose appeal over Woodstock, Salt River land evictions

 The City of Cape Town says it intends to oppose the leave to appeal application lodged by activist organisation Ndifuna Ukwazi against last month’s...

SAPS seeks more victims of serial Muizenberg rapist and robber

 The South African Police Service (SAPS) in the Western Cape are searching for more individuals who may have fallen victim to an operation in...