Home Affairs extends services under Level 2 of Lockdown

Published on


Add Smile FM on Google

Home Affairs Minister Aaron Motsoaledi says more than 1.6 million people visited Home Affairs offices during the national lockdown. He says South Africans, during this period, applied for temporary birth and identity documents, as well as birth certificates and passports.

He this morning also announced that all temporary identity certificates, issued during the lockdown, will only expire on October 31 this year, to give people the opportunity to apply for their documents in the meantime.

The following services are now available at Home Affairs, under lockdown Level 2: In cases where these documents have expired, people can now apply for permanent identity documents; Applications for identity documents for those applying for the first time; Applications for the modification of details to ID documents; People who detect errors on their ID documents can also now apply to have the errors corrected.

Latest articles

Specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment handed over

 The Western Cape Government has handed over specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment to the Cape Winelands District Municipality. This is as part of its...

Team on board S.A. Agulhas II arrive safely at Marion Island

   The team on board S.A. Agulhas II have arrived safely at Marion Island. The M83 team arrived earlier this month. They are ready to...

Major review finds vaping leads to poorer respiratory health among children

 A major review by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has found consistent evidence linking vaping among children and young people to...