Pelican Park autistic man’s suspected killer nabbed

Published on


Add Smile FM on Google

 

 

A Pelican Park autistic man’s alleged killer has been arrested, and he appeared at the Wynberg Magistrates’ Court this afternoon.

 

23-year-old Kamryn Naidoo was found stabbed to death with his hands tied with a black belt on Friday, mere hours after he was reported missing.

 

pelican park cameron naidoo
Image supplied

 

His grieving mother, Tamla Naidoo has told Smile FM that she was in court today, trying to make sense of what happened.

 

The suspect, 27-year-old Abdul Razak is scheduled to return to court for a bail application on Tuesday 19 March.

 

Naidoo claims Razak has confessed to robbing her son and killing him. While the family awaits autopsy results, Naidoo says her son was stabbed in his neck and chest.

 

“I am so hurt because he was a vulnerable member of society. Everyone knew he was autistic. I find it hard (to fathom) that it was a person from this community, a person who knew him that did this to him,” said an emotional Naidoo.

 

The National Prosecuting Authority’s Eric Ntabazalila confirmed that the matter was heard in the Wynberg Magistrates’ Court:

 

“The matter was on the roll. It is appearing 19/03/2024 for bail application,” said Ntabazalila.

 

At the same time, police spokesperson Frederick Van Wyk also established that the suspect was apprehended on Friday 1 March, and that he faces a charge of murder.

 

“(He was) arrested on Friday 1 March at 21:30, and he appeared on Monday 4 March, on a charge of murder in the Wynberg Magistrates’ Court,” adds Van Wyk.

 

 

pelican park cameron naidoo
Image supplied

 

Hundreds of community members searched for the well-known man last week, which eventually led to the discovery of his body in a bush, metres from his home in Dove Road.

 

The 45-year-old mother, who was a single parent to the deceased and his 22-year-old sister says a memorial service will be held at Pelican Park Primary School on Friday evening.

 

Furthermore, the mourning family plans to have his funeral at their Ottery church the following day on Saturday 9 March.

 

READ MORE: Joslin Smith: Clothing found on open field sent for forensic analysis

 

*Article has been updated to add the NPA and SAPS’ comments. 

 

Latest articles

Specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment handed over

 The Western Cape Government has handed over specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment to the Cape Winelands District Municipality. This is as part of its...

Team on board S.A. Agulhas II arrive safely at Marion Island

   The team on board S.A. Agulhas II have arrived safely at Marion Island. The M83 team arrived earlier this month. They are ready to...

Major review finds vaping leads to poorer respiratory health among children

 A major review by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has found consistent evidence linking vaping among children and young people to...