Shame! King Charles coronation needs a performer

Published on


Add Smile FM on Google

 

It seems no one wants to perform at King Charles’ coronation. A-list artists like Elton John, Harry Styles, Adele and the Spice Girls, have all reportedly turned down invitations to perform at the new King’s coronation. Robbie Williams are also among other acts that declined invitations. They all cite alleged ‘jam packed schedules’ as the reason for declining.

 

A royal source told the UK tabloid, The Sun:

Elton was top of Charles’ list but due to his European tour, which sees him performing in Germany the Friday before then again soon after the Windsor concert, he isn’t able to make the dash to the UK work

 

The Mirror reports that the event’s organisers thought the concert at Windsor Castle would be an ‘easy sell’. However, they received multiple rejections from the artists they approached.

READ MORE: Big wins at the GRAMMY Awards 2023

 

Some speculate no one wants to perform at the coronation due to the risk of being linked with the scandal-ridden royal family.

 

And two people who are likely not to attend? Yep! Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. The couple allegedly received invites to King Charles’ coronation. But amid ongoing tension between them and the royal family, The Mirror reports they will show up under one condition. That there are no ‘toxic’ vibes.

 

 

Queen Elizabeth was ‘fab’

 

READ MORE: TikTok welcomes The Rolling Stones to platform

Queen Elizabeth’s platinum jubilee – the last royal celebration – saw a lineup including Diana Ross, Elton John and Alicia Keys. A source at a leading British music PR company, reports YOU magazine, says:

I don’t know what there is to gain for artists by associating with him…With the queen, she was fab and glamorous to some people. Charles doesn’t add anything — there’s not a legacy of his that anyone would want to align with

 

All we can do is wait and see what other artists join Kylie Minogue and Lionel Richie as coronation headliners.

READ MORE: J-Hope releases dream-come-true track with J.Cole

The coronation will take place at Westminster Abbey, on May 6, and has the capacity for over 2,000 guests. Formal invitations will be sent closer to the time. But some people are believed to be approached in advance, requesting they save the date.

 

 

Latest articles

Specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment handed over

 The Western Cape Government has handed over specialised hazardous materials (Hazmat) equipment to the Cape Winelands District Municipality. This is as part of its...

Team on board S.A. Agulhas II arrive safely at Marion Island

   The team on board S.A. Agulhas II have arrived safely at Marion Island. The M83 team arrived earlier this month. They are ready to...

Major review finds vaping leads to poorer respiratory health among children

 A major review by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health has found consistent evidence linking vaping among children and young people to...