20.7 C
Cape Town
Thursday, April 3, 2025

The City of Cape Town has expressed its disappointment after the United Kingdom decided to keep South Africa on its red list under its revised travel rules for the covid-19 pandemic.

Published on

The Mayoral Committee Member for Economic Opportunities and Tourism, James Vos says the reasoning for the decision is unclear, as vaccines are now widely available in the country and more than 15 million jabs have so far been administered. Vos says the UK is the country’s biggest single tourist source market.

Merentia Van Der Vent
Merentia Van Der Vent
Merentia joined the media world in 1996 and in 2001, she took her first steps in the broadcasting world. In her free time, she likes to go on adventures in the city. She also likes to learn new dances, not that she is any good at that.

Latest articles

A community activist from Atlantis has been killed

  Tributes are pouring in after a man from Atlantis was killed in a shooting incident. The Media Liaison Officer for Western Cape SAPS, Captain...

33 out of 60 fatalities over a 3-week period were pedestrians

Provincial Mobility MEC, Isaac Sileku, has called on motorists to be extra vigilant on roads when there are pedestrians, children and elderly people in...

Husband and wife rescued at Rooi Els

2 people, a husband and wife, have been rescued at Rooi Els after their boat experienced difficulty offshore. There was also a possibility that...